Time Slot Updates & T-Shirt/Tank Designs
UPDATES AS OF 3/8/21:
We officially have 40 people signed up for the Open! Hopefully we have a few more sign up this week – it would be cool if we hit 50 people this year!
Saturday we will only be offering 2 Groups now (remember we need you to sign up in ZenPlanner by 5pm on Friday) since we don’t have more than 40 people signed up for Saturdays. (See original blog post below for more details)
- 6:30am – 8:00am Group 1
- 7:30am – 9:00am Group 2
Friday we will be offering 2 “official” times for those who can’t make Saturday. These times will allow you to workout with a judge (fellow member) and then you will judge a fellow member. For those new to the games, you must have a judge validate your score. Judges must pass a Judges Course from CrossFit. During the “official” times we offer (Saturdays and then these 2 times on Friday), we will have someone who has passed Judges Course their so you do not need to worry about the responsibility of finding your own judge (see below)
We will not officially have you sign up for the Noon & 5pm slots on Friday, just be there on time and you will be included.
Uncommon 2021 CF OPEN T-Shirt/Tanks/Long Sleeves
PRE-ORDER AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH WEDNESDAY 3/10 – ORDER NOW!
The 2021 CrossFit Open is almost here!
This year the Open will be for 3 weeks starting with the workout announced on Thursday, March 11th.
We are bringing the Open back to Saturday mornings this year to create the atmosphere we all love to test our fitness.
So mark your calendars to be at Uncommon on 3/13, 3/20 and 3/27.
What is the Open?
THE DETAILS :
First things first – make sure you registered through the Official CrossFit Games site.
- Pay the $20.00 Fee
- Choose “CrossFit Uncommon” as your affiliate – we are still affiliated as CrossFit Uncommon.
- Visit our Games Affiliate Site to confirm your name is listed. If you do not see your name here make sure you did Step 2.
- We will have a T-Shirt/Tank option for this year’s Open announced soon!
If you have 15 minutes, here is a great video of Dave Castro, the General Manager of Sport & CrossFit Games Analyst, Annie Sakamoto chatting about the different divisions & quarterfinals for the 2021 Games Season. Due to COVID-19, CrossFit is changing things up this year and doing their best to allow everyone to compete in this year’s Open.
THE ORDER OF EVENTS:
THURSDAY EVENING: WOD (or if we had to guess possibly WODs) will be announced at 8:00pm.
- Watch it on the games.crossfit.com site.
FRIDAY: No official classes during the 3 weeks of the Open.
- Instead we will have Open Gym Times from 5:30 – 9:30 / Noon – 1pm / 3:30 – 6:00
- Practice for the Open workout.
- If you can’t make it on Saturday, you can do the Open WOD during these times. (See note below about Judging Requirement)
- We will post a “recovery” workout for those who want to still move the day before the Open WOD vs taking their rest day that day.
SATURDAY MORNING: Workout, Judge & Post Score to your Games Athlete Profile
- Don’t forget to post your score. We suggest doing it right after you complete your workout and judging. It must be submitted before Monday 8pm or you won’t be able to submit. No exceptions (CrossFit HQ’s rule not ours).
- As of right now (subject to change), our plan is to run 3 separate groups of 2 heats. Each group will have 20 spots. 10 people will hit the workout & 10 people will judge. Once Heat 1 is completed, we will allow for some transition time and then athlete & judge will switch positions for Heat 2.
- Please be signed up in ZenPlanner for Saturday by Friday 5:00pm. This will allow us to plan (if needed) for the Heat & Lane Assignments for Saturday.
- Athlete Briefing & Warm-Up will start 30 Minutes BEFORE Heat 1 Start Time. You MUST be there for the briefing to participate. Because you will be both an ATHLETE and a JUDGE, you need to make sure you know the Movement Standards for both roles.
- With this setup, everyone will be judging someone – if this is a concern for you and makes you hesitant to sign up, please reach out and let us know.
- Heat 1 Start Times
- Group 1: 7:00am (Athlete Briefing 6:30am)
- Group 2: 8:00am (Athlete Briefing 7:30am)
- NO Group 3: 9:00am (Athlete Briefing 8:30am) (AS OF 3/8 – we only have 40 people signed up and not everyone can do Saturday so we will ONLY be doing 2 Group)
- With this schedule we could have 20 people from Group 1 & 20 people from Group 2 in the gym at the same time. As long as we can keep the bay doors open and air flowing then we will keep to this schedule. We want to bring the Uncommon atmosphere back to the Open this year and we have heard from many of you who feel the same way. So if you want to stay & hang out while another group hits the workout – go for it!
JUDGING REQUIREMENTS (outside of Saturday morning scheduled Open workout times):
If you cannot do the workout on Saturday mornings due to scheduling conflicts or you decide to redo the workout on Monday, you will need to have a friend that has passed the Judges Course judge you (anyone can take the Judges Course for $10). They can validate your score or you can submit a video (read the rulebook here).
Ideally you can find someone to judge you, but if you exhaust all your resources and are unable to find someone on your own, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will see if we can help find you a judge.